Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snakes everywhere


After a week of rainfall the sun came out again creating the perfect weather for snakes to be active.
The day statered out in Mt Samson where a large Brown snake had been seen coming and going from a small gap under a concrete slab. It was always going to be difficult with only a slight chance a catching the snake but I had a go but couldn't coax it out of the gap. It wasn't a complete loss tho
ugh as I did find an injured Yellow faced whip snake who is now in my care.

Just after dark I got a second call out, this time to 8 mile plains where a big carpet python had been seen in a residents backyard for a few days. There were lots of small dogs and other pets in the area so it was decided it would be best for him to be relocated. He was a beautiful example of a big Brisbane carpet python.

Not long after getting home from the carpet python I had another call, this time for a snake in a garage in Parkinson. From the decription it sounded like a keelback, but for an accurate ID I'd have to see the snake myself. So after rearranging the family's garage, I spotted a small head looking out from under a fridge, sure
enough it was a keelback. With the keelback bagged and ready to be relocated, and the family now able to get some sleep, it was now time for me head home to bed myself.

If you need the assistance of a snake catcher you can call me 24 hours / 7 days on 0409 063 124

You can also find my website at www.brisbanesnakecatcher.com.au

Find me on Facebook: Brisbane Snake Catcher

No comments:

Post a Comment