Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pythons and Guinea pigs




It's never fun to get called out to relocate a snake that's eaten a pet. But that's what happened the other day, a big Brisbane carpet python had helped itself to 4 of a families pet Guinea pigs.



I was expecting to find quite a sombre mood in the house, but on arrival I found quite the opposite.



The kids of the house were so excited about having a huge python in there shed that the poor guinea pigs were forgotten about!



A few days later I got a call to a northern Brisbane suburb where a small carpet python had managed to squeeze it's way into a bird cage and eat a few love bird eggs. His plan came apart when after consuming the eggs, he was now to wide to fit back out through the wire in the cage.



Luckily he was full from eating the eggs though, so the 2 love birds in the cage escaped.



Later in the day I was called on to help track down a Green tree snake that had made his home in a truck cabin, after hours of looking and trying coax him out we were unable to move him on, but the trucks owner was planning on leaving the doors open as often as possible and hope it made it's way out on it own accord.



The weather has turned awful, and with rain forecast for the next few days I'm not sure what effect that will have on the snakes.


If you live in Brisbane or Ipswich and need a snake catcher, you can call me on 0409 063 124

You can also visit my website at http://www.brisbanesnakecatcher.com.au/

Like us on Facebook

Or follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment